Tzimmes is a traditional stew for Passover, made from a combination of sweet potatoes and dried fruit.
- 9 medium carrots, (about 1 pound), peeled
- 4 sweet potatoes, (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup bite-size pitted prunes, (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup dried apricots, (about 5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons orange zest, (from one orange)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut carrots into 2-inch pieces. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, and lower heat to medium; add sweet potatoes in their skins, and cook for 20 minutes, adding the carrots after 10 minutes. Drain in a colander, and set aside until cool enough to handle.
Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes, basting with pan juices after 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve immediately.
- Sweet Potato Fries (pickygirljourney.wordpress.com)
- Flavor HD’s Holiday Recipes – Scott Miller’s Savory Sweet Potatoes (wgnradio.com)
- Baked Sweet Potatoes with Candied Orange Peel (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- imabonehead: Thanksgiving Recipes For All: Thanksgivukkah, Gluten-Free, Vegan | Here & Now (hereandnow.wbur.org)
- Purple Sweet Potato Balls (instructables.com)
- Thanksgiving 2013: Sweet Potato Cake with Toasted Marshmallow Frosting (thebittenword.com)
- Home Made Sweet Potato Chips (bodybuildingfitnessfreak.wordpress.com)
- Quick, Healthy Sweet Potato Bites For Mommy and Baby (mommyhealthiest.wordpress.com)
- Sweet Potato Pound Cake (khanakhazanarecipes.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Dinner 2013 (mytinyhouseblog.wordpress.com)