2 whole-wheat pitas, halved and opened
1 tsp. lemon zest
110ml rocket pesto, recipe follows
2 store-bought rotisserie chicken breasts, diced into 1-cm pieces
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
For the rocket pesto:
450g packed rocket
1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
110ml olive oil
110g grated Parmesan
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Chicken and rocket pita pockets
1) Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas Mark 2.
2) Arrange the pita halves on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes until warmed through.
3) In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest and arugula pesto. Stir in the diced chicken.
4) To assemble the pita pockets, fill each pita half with the chicken mixture. Top with tomatoes and 60g arugula and serve.
5) For the pesto, blend the arugula and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the oil until well blended. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in Parmesan and salt and pepper.